Cake6 eggs, separated
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- Grease jelly roll pan. line bottom of pan with parchment. grease fand flour paper.
- Heat oven to 350F
- With mixer at #6, beat eggwhites until soft peaks form. Gradually sprinke in 1/4 C sugar. beat until stiff peaks form.
- In other bowl, beat egg yolks at high speed until thick. Beat in 1/4 cup sugar and 3 T cocoa.
- Fold yolk mixture into whites.
- Spread batter in pan. Bake 25 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Wet towel and add a layer or parchment or waxed paper; invert cake onto towel. Peel off paper.
- Unroll cake. spread top with filling.
- Starting at the narrow end, roll cake without towel. Place seam-side down on on platter.
Mocha Filling1 C Whipping Cream
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1/5 cup cocoa powder
1 T instant coffee granules
Mix ingredients in the mixer at medium speed until stiff peaks form.
*Originally from Good Housekeeping. First made while Mark was in high school studying French Language and Culture. Made many times throughout the years.