3 Cups Self Rising Flour
3 Heaping Tablespoons Sugar
1 12 Oz Beer at Room Temperature (Budweiser, of course)
Well grease pan and flour. Rise in warm place 1 hour. Bake at 325 1 hour or longer.
Thursday, December 1, 2016
Bucatini with garlic and bread crumbs
adapted from Lidia Bastianich
- 1 lb bucatini
- 3/4 loaf day old bread, shredded into coarse crumbs (use a box grater or your food processor; you might have to cut off some of the hard crust)
- lots of thinly sliced garlic (about 6 large cloves, but to your taste)
- olive oil
- 4-5 sage leaves, chopped finely
- 1 T parsely, chopped finely
- Bring water to a boil. Salt and cook pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, pour about 1/4 cup of oil in heavy pan. The oil should coat the bottom of the pan
- Cook garlic for a minute or two, until it begins to soften.
- Add bread crumbs and cook, stirring occasionally, until bread crumbs are nicely toasted. You want them nicely browned, so they have some crunch.
- Add sage & parsley (or dried oregano), stir.
- Turn off heat.
- When pasta is finished, drain and add to the pan, tossing to coat.
- Serve on a large platter, with grated cheese.