Saturday, September 12, 2009

Swiss Cheese Chicken

Great recipe for skinless boneless chicken breasts....

6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
6 slices of swiss cheese
2 cans of cream of something soup (I use celery and mushroom)
1/2 can white wine or dry sherry wine
1/2 package of bread crumb stuffing (I use the sage and onion flavor) *some use the whole package, I don't care for that much, but just eyeball it, use however much you want.
1 stick of melted butter

**if I have them in the fridge, I will also add a package of sliced mushrooms.

Tuck the Swiss cheese around chicken breasts and place in a 9x13 casserole pan. Mix the soup and wine. (add mushrooms if you have them, here) Pour the soup mixture over cheese and chicken. Cover with the bread crumb stuffing. Top with melted butter.
Bake at 325 for 1 1/2-2 hours, uncovered.

No comments: